Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Southern I Do's - Wedding Reception Details

You have gotten to seen a few glimpses into my wedding reception with the cocktail hour, flowers, dessert table, etc but just wanted to share a final few things that I loved!!

The Venue

The Cotton Docks at Boone Hall Plantation are extremely rustic, but perfect for the look/feel we wanted for our wedding. We hung Edison lights from the wood rafters for lighting and ambience. We also did a combination of farm tables and square tables. I liked how it we were able to also seat different numbers of people at tables.

My Pinterest Inspiration:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/167196204887206082/
And my wedding:










We loved this big fireplace, and we definitely did not need to use it at our wedding. But we filled the fireplace with tons of candles and flowers. It looked so pretty and this picture doesn't really do it justice. The monogram moss S was actually borrowed from my sister-in-laws wedding. My in-laws also made the white S monograms that hung on each side of the fireplace. They cut them out and then painted them crackle white.


On the walls in between all of the windows we bought frames at Michael's and then my in-laws made them into bulletin boards and covered the picture portion with burlap. We hung a few of our
engagement photos on the walls.


We also re-used our Southern Nest monogram from the ceremony and moved it to the reception and hung it on the back wall. We used burlap ribbon to hang it. 



In the windows we hung mason jars with babies breath which I thought looked so cute. We also had candles in mason jars in the windows as well! I had seen this a few ways done differently on Pinterest like hanging from the rafters
But decided that was too much for my wedding, so I tweaked the idea an had them hanging from the windows.


Tables
My tables were inspired by this pin! Loved the simplicity of the flowers and tables. But they still gave the room a rustic ambiance.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/167196204887921913/
For my wedding, my mother-in-law made all of the burlap runners, and Tiger Lily put together all the flowers and candles. On the bride and groom table we had a burlap runner with our monogram on it. Unfortunately our photographer didn't get any pictures of the runner and head table!

My goal was to have my flowers look like I just picked them from the garden! Hamby Catering provided the burlap bags for the silverware. My step-father made the table numbers. And then I printed the menu cards and thank you cards from wedding chicks.







And on the back of the bride and groom chair I made these signs from Paper Source. They were actually from the same set I used to make our dessert table sign as well! 

Bathroom Signs

I ordered these adorable signs from Serenity Now Studio on Etsy. Super easy to work with and quick turnaround. I found the burlap frames at TJ Maxx!!











Exit

At the end of the night our caterers turned the signature drink table into a place for guests to sign our guest book if they hadn't done so earlier.













These are just a few of the million pins I have on Pinterest that inspired my wedding. For more please check out my Pinterest Southern I Do's wedding board.  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment