Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fresh Mint, Beet, and Grilled Chicken Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing

Yesterday was a busy day! I had to drive my husband to the airport and then ran a few errands at the South Park Mall, and may have also done some shopping. By the time I got home I just wanted to make something simple for dinner.

I recently found a recipe for Fresh Mint and Beet salad with Lemon Dressing and decided that it would be perfect for dinner. I also had some grilled chicken and feta cheese that I thought would be a perfect addition.

For the grilled chicken I used a Meyer Lemon Peppercorn Rub I bought at William Sonoma last fall. Unfortunately they don't sell this rub anymore. I would maybe substitute with lemon pepper seasoning.

Also have you seen these prepackaged fresh beets? I know it is cheating not roasting them myself but they are so quick and easy when you want to be lazy!

You can find the recipe for the salad and dressing here.  But here are the basics just in case...

To make the salad just add arugula, fresh beet, sliced cherry tomatoes, slivered almonds, and fresh mint. Once I started eating the salad I was thinking maybe a few kalamata olives might be tasty too! The dressing is simply Meyer lemon juice, olive oil, shallots, salt & pepper.

The entire meal took less than 30 minutes to make! And with the warm weather we are having in Charlotte it was the perfect summer dinner!

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment