Friday, May 9, 2014

Planter Ideas and Recycling Wedding Decorations

Since I have lived in downtown Boston for the past 15 years, I haven't been able to do all the gardening that I love to do. I had a few herb gardens in planters but nothing that was fun. Not to mention I also have outdoor space to actually do my arts and crafts.

Over the past couple of weeks we have been stocking up on flowers for our planters and garden. Super duper secret but if you head to the back of the garden department at Lowe's they have a small clearance section. AND IT IS AMAZING! Flowers are marked down 50-75%!! You have to definitely look at the plants closely, but overall great quality. It has become quite the obsession to stop by Lowes and see what they have on sale!!

However, at this point we have quite the stash of flowers that need to get planted. I started today with existing planters, but we still have a ton of flowers leftover. So I have been looking all over Pinterest for ideas on how to make some smaller planters for our side tables and patio. 

I love the idea of painted mason jars. We can also get creative with patterns. Thinking I might attempt this with navy blue and gold chevron patterns. Not to mention it is a great way to use my leftover mason jars from my wedding! 
Painted Mason Jars

I love the idea of painted mason jars. We can also get creative with patterns. Thinking I might attempt this with navy blue and gold chevron patterns. Not to mention it is a great way to use my leftover mason jars from my wedding! 

I also saw an idea for gold leafing the mason jars but not sure how it would hold up outside!
At our wedding we had a great wagon we found at Hobby Lobby and filled with mums and lanterns. 
Right now the wagon is sitting by our front door, however it is just asking to be filled with bright and cheerful flowers. 
Wagon Planter

I also love this idea of using a old chair as a planter. I am going to have to see if their are any tag sales in the area so I can attempt this! I am thinking if I get sweet potato vine it will spill all over the sides and cover the pot. 
 Chair Planter

So enough of me searching Pinterest and time for me to start having fun with spray paint! 

What are you doing this spring/summer for flowers?

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment