Thursday, May 15, 2014

Strawberry Mint Smash Mocktail

Happy Thirsty Thursday!!

So it has been beautiful here in North Carolina. Since the weather has been so nice every night before dinner I sit outside on the patio to read, and decided that I need some fun beverages! And have become obsessed with Mocktails! And I can pick some of the ingredients from our mini-garden. One of my new favorite drinks is a Strawberry Mint Smash I saw on Pinterest.

Super simple to make! I doubled the recipe and adjusted it a little. This is the non-alcholoic version but I am sure you can add rum or vodka as well!

Ingredients:
  • 4-6 Strawberries cut into slices
  • 12-14 large mint leaves
  • Crushed ice
  • 4 teaspoons of agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 6 ounces of blood orange Italian soda - I used orange since I am not a fan of blood orange, you can also use lemon as well
  • Club Soda

Directions:

  1. Put the strawberries, mint and muddle. 
  2. Add agave nectar and lime juice into a shaker and muddle. I used a mason jar since I find them easy to clean, and I have a ton of them hanging around my home. 
  3. Add Italian Soda and shake! Be careful since this will get really bubbly. 
  4. Fill glass with 2/3 of crushed ice. 
  5. Pour into glasses, and top with club soda. Garnish with Strawberry, lime, mint, etc! 
Voila! 

Let me know if you make this drink and how you modify it! 
Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment