Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Strawberry Avocado Couscous Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

Sorry for such a late post! Coming back from vacation is rough! Haha! I spent 3/4 of the day running errands and unpacking.

Tonight for dinner I made strawberry avocado couscous salad with a lime vinaigrette which I saw on Pinterest. I served this with grilled chicken that had a William Sonoma Meyer Lemon Peppercorn Rub.

This is definitely a quick and easy recipe to make, not to mention perfect for summer bbq's.

Recipe adapted from http://damndelicious.net.

Salad Ingredients:


  • 1 cup couscous
  • 1 avocado diced
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used the bird's eye frozen, but would use fresh corn next time!)
  • 1 cup of strawberries cut into quarters (recipe calls for 1/2 cup but I doubled the recipe)
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro chopped
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds (recipe called for 2tbs pine nuts but I couldn't find them at the store)
Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients: 
  • 1/4 olive oil
  • 1/4 apple cider vinegar
  • zest of 1 lime (I would use half, taste dressing and add more if desired)
  • 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions: 
  • Prepare couscous according to directions and let cool
  • Make vinaigrette, and whisk together
  • In a large bowl, carefully combine couscous, avocado, corn, strawberries, cilantro, and almonds. Stir in lime vinaigrette.
  • Chill for 10-15 minutes in fridge (recipe says serve immediately but I preferred the salad cold)

Enjoy and Happy Pinning!!
By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment