Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Southern I Do's - Ceremony Details

For the most part our wedding was pretty simple for the ceremony! We really wanted the venue to be the main focus! We loved the Southern Charm of the venue. However, because I have a slight obsession with Pinterest, and love DIY projects we did create a few things for guests to enjoy before the ceremony.



When guests first arrived we wanted to make sure that they were given a cool beverage. Charleston is steamy and we knew our wedding was going to be at least 80 degrees! I saw these pictures on Pinterest and thought it was a great way for our guests to kick off our wedding.
http://pinterestdreams.blogspot.com
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/167196204889053171/
 Our caterer worked with us to setup this station! Guests loved having a cool refreshing beverage waiting for the ceremony to start. I made the signs myself and just used simple chalkboards I found at Michael's and chalk pens. The napkins were also monogrammed and read "Let's Eat Drink and Be Merry - Jennifer and Paul 9.15.13!!!



I knew I also wanted to do something different instead of a guest book. Personally, I never know what to write in guest books and afraid that I am going to mess up the book somehow! So instead I saw this idea on Pinterest where you ask a variety of questions and then guests write down answers. Thought this was fun! Not to mention we couldn't wait to read the answers!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/167196204887969390/ 
I made the cards myself using card stock and of course put our custom monogram from weddingchicks.com

We put everything on the guest table which we setup after a few Pinterest posts I saw online for guest tables. I made the monogram S and just wrapped twine around the cardboard monogram I bought at Paper Source. I bought the suitcase at Pottery Barn and made the Love Notes sign myself. 

Pinterest Inspiration: 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/167196204887798492/
 My wedding:


Also because it was going to be hot we had little fans for guests to use. The best part is these were actually from my sister-in-laws wedding. It was cool the day of her wedding so they didn't use them. We just switched out the ribbon color!!
Since we had 2 different venue sites for the wedding and ceremony we found these great signs at World Market and my step-father added posts. He also painted them with crackle paint to match the rest of the decor and help give the wedding that rustic laid-back feel. 

I saw these signs on Pinterest and wanted to re-create.


 These are what my signs looked like! I think we re-created the Pinterest vision 100% here!


For programs we used shutters we found on sale at Lowe's. My in-laws painted them with crackle paint. 

On each seat we had bubbles for guests to blow! I wanted to do something but also needed something that was easy to clean up. I saw the bubble idea on Pinterest and made my own. I actually got our bubbles super cheap and ordered them online from Dollar Tree. I found little tags on Amazon and printed "blow some wishes for the new Mr and Mrs"!


Last but not least we had a 5 minute walk from our wedding venue to the wedding cocktail hour and reception. I knew most ladies would have heels on so we provided a basket of flip flops and bags for guests to change into comfortable shoes. I put our monogram on the bags as well!


Now let's get to cocktail hour!

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment