Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday - Memorial Day

Today I am doing my first link up with some of my favorite blogs!! Make sure to check them out as well!

Here are 5 of my favorite things from this week!

1. Georgia Aquarium 
We are visiting our friends this weekend and on Sunday went to the Georgia Aquarium. If you haven't been you have to go! This place is AMAZING!! We couldn't get over how big the tanks were. You should see the size of the sharks and whales. Our other favorite exhibit were the otters. Below see a few pictures of our adventure!


2. Southport - Oak Island
I am so excited that we are at my Mom's house in Southport for Memorial Day weekend. We haven't been to the beach in a while so we are super excited. We are planning on golfing, beach time, shopping, and of course taking the ferry from Southport to the Aquarium at Fort Fisher. If I haven't mentioned it before, my husband has a salt water fish tank and is slightly obsessed!



3. Memorial Day Appetizers
Of course we need to make sure we are well fed at the beach. I love this recipe for blueberry, strawberry and jicama salsa. Not only is it on theme but doesn't it look refreshing after a long day at the beach or golfing? I will definitely let you know how it tastes and if you should make it.
4. Hibiscus Iced Tea Sparkler
We need to make sure we stay hydrated over the weekend. I can't wait to try this hibiscus iced tea sparkler. I am a huge fan of hibiscus iced tea, it is a great alternative for when you want something slightly sweet and don't want all the sugar of the juice. Looking at the recipe at first glance I might swap the honey for agave and cut the amount in half. I am personally not a fan of overly sweet beverages.
5. Memorial Day Weekend
WOOO HOO! I can't tell you how excited I am that it is Memorial Day Weekend. After living in the Northeast for my entire life, Memorial Day Weekend was always a sign that we made it through another winter. No more snow for a few months, we can start taking out summer clothes (yeah for white jeans!!), and most importantly being able to actually enjoy the outdoors. Living in North Carolina that means it is time for us to go out on the boat, swimming in the lake, and grilling outdoors.
Armondo our cat is all ready for the holiday weekend!! 

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and I can't wait to hear how you celebrated. I will also make sure to recap all the recipes that I mentioned in this post, and any tips and tricks I learned.

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton









No comments:

Post a Comment