Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Inspiration

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! How is it May already?

Here are a few of the things I am thinking about making. I will let you know how everything turns out tomorrow.

Cilantro Jalapeño Limeade

This sounds delicious! I am going to try and recreate one of my favorite drinks from The Gallows in Boston called the Brazen Bull. The Gallows makes this drink with vodka, however since it is Cinco de Mayo thinking we might have to add tequila! Decisions decisions!!


Turkey Enchilada Lasagna

Okay okay, I know this isn't really fun. But it looks like it has slightly less fat then traditional enchiladas. We have to save our calories for the guacamole and chips!


Jalapeño Cheddar Popovers

Since we saved some calories using ground turkey, fat free cream cheese, and using whole wheat tortillas with our enchilada lasagna, we need to make sure we make up for it somewhere else. These popovers look so simple to make!


Sombrero Cookies

I am sure I can make something more authentic, however I am planning on spending most of my day sitting outside on the dock tomorrow reading a book. It is supposed to be 87 degrees here in North Carolina (sorry New Englanders) so I am taking a short cut with the dessert. Not to mention who is going to have room after eating dinner! Thinking of buying store bought sugar cookies, frosting in a can, sprinkles and gum drops!!



I will also make sure to put out some nacho chips, guacamole and salsa for everyone to snack on as well.

For additional ideas on what to make for Cinco de Mayo make sure to check out my Pinterest board.

What are you planning to make? Anyone have a favorite guacamole recipe they would like to share? Every time I make guacamole it comes out a little different. I like to experiment with what I have lying around in the fridge.

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment