Friday, May 2, 2014

Kentucky Derby is Tomorrow!!


I don't know why but I love the Kentucky Derby! I guess any excuse to wear lots of Lilly Pulitzer, big hats and drink during the afternoon is right up my alley!! I am not having a Kentucky Derby Party this year but wanted to share a few of my favorite pins in case you are going to a party, or having a party and need some inspiration on what to wear!!

Check out my Pinterest Board for more Kentucky Derby ideas if you are hosting a party, or are going to a party and need to bring treats!

First Item: HATS!!

I love the Marley Lilly monogrammed hats! I bought the hat with the pink brim and can't wait to wear it to the beach and on the boat this summer.

Marley Lilly Floppy Hat
Marley Lilly Patriotic Hat!

Second Item: We need a dress!! 

Remember go big or go home! So you need to make sure that your dress is loud, colorful and fun!! Don't forget the pearls!! You can't go wrong with Lilly Pulitzer or Vineyard Vines. Personally, I believe the Vineyard Vines Churchill Downs Scene Dress will win you best in show!! Vineyard Vines has a ton of Kentucky Derby items, and even more options for guys!


Vineyard Vines Churchill Downs Scene Dress
Lilly Pulitzer York Fit and Flare Dress

Third Item: A Cocktail for your hand!! 

This is one of my favorite mint julep recipes! If you are having a party make sure to stock up on lots of mint and ice!

To view this picture bigger check out my Pinterest Pin

Fourth Item: A Winning Ticket!!

I always pick by my favorite horses name!! This year I am going with WICKED STRONG! How could I not choose that horse after living in Boston for 15 years!! Check out the Kentucky Derby website to learn more.

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment