Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thirsty Thursday

So does anyone have any advice on what food to serve an 8 month old? My daughter keeps waking up 2-3x a night and is slurping down bottles. I need to find some foods that are more substantial for doing the day. Up until a few weeks ago she was sleeping 12 hours a night.

So that brings me to why I need to enjoy a tasty beverage on this Thirsty Thursday! Last week we went out to dinner and I ordered a jalapeño cucumber margarita. When it came out it was HUGE and I may have had 3 sips due to the fact I had to feed the baby, keep her entertained, and eat dinner. Anyway, point of story is that I have been thinking of it all week. So I went to Pinterest and found this great recipe.

Source
Receive from Bon Appetit and serves 12

Preparation

  • Bring 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let simple syrup cool.
  • Combine simple syrup, 3 cups tequila blanco, 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup triple sec, and 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise, in a pitcher. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours (taste every 1/2 hour or so until spiced to your liking); remove jalapeño.
  • Rub a lime wedge over half the rim of highball or rocks glasses; dip into kosher salt. Serve Margaritas over ice in prepared glasses; garnish with sliced cucumber and jalapeño.
Enjoy!!

Happy Pinning!
Jenn

Linking up with: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic // Stylin' in St. Louis // Treasure Tromp // Sincerely Jenna Marie // Mix & Match Fashion // Twenties Girl Style  // Happiness at Mid-Life

No comments:

Post a Comment