Monday, April 27, 2015

Kentucky Derby Outfit & Party Inspiration

Hope you had a great weekend! The weather here was rainy and overcast, but the sun did sneak out a little in the afternoon for us to grill some cheeseburgers on Sunday. Saturday I ran to the outlets and didn't buy anything...Well a hat for baby A that matches a romper I bought her last year. But nothing for myself even though Kate Spade had 40% off and Coach had 50% off everything! And at Coach if it was on sale you got an additional 40% off!!

I saw so many cute spring/summer dresses that made me think about the Kentucky Derby this weekend. I get so excited for the Kentucky Derby each year! I love wearing fun dresses, hats, and of course my mint juleps in the afternoon! Here are a few ideas if you are going to or hosting a party. What to wear! The more floral and bigger the hat the better! Think preppy overload!!!


Kentucky Derby Outfit Inspiration

And if you are hosting a party or going to a party and need ideas/recipes of what to bring check out Hostess with the Mostess! I can't tell you how many ideas they have as well as free printable and recipes. 
Hostess with the Mostess 
Hostess with the Mostess 
Hostess with the Mostess 
My Mother in Law is going to a Kentucky Derby party on Saturday and made these fabulous boxes for people to vote for best dressed. How AMAZING are these? I can't believe she made these. 



I also found these great recipes on Pinterest for Mint Juleps that look delicious! I have to figure out which one I want to try!
Sparkling Mint Julep
Source
Strawberry Mint Julep
Source
Blackberry Mint Julep
Source
How cute are these napkins I found on Pinterest? Perfect for a hostess gift. 
Source
For more ideas check out my Pinterest board! I also have a post from last year with ideas as well! 

Can't wait to hear and see your Kentucky Derby outfits and party pictures!

Xoxo

White silk dress
vineyardvines.com


Dress
lillypulitzer.com


White v neck dress
lillypulitzer.com


Coat
vineyardvines.com




Ankle strap wedge sandals
lillypulitzer.com


Yves Saint Laurent fuschia handbag
$1,650 - neimanmarcus.com


Longchamp green tote
bloomingdales.com


Straw clutch
vineyardvines.com



David Yurman white gold bangle
bloomingdales.com



Hat
vineyardvines.com


Hat
vineyardvines.com


Belt
vineyardvines.com


No comments:

Post a Comment