Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blueberry, Strawberry, & Jicama Salsa

In my Five on Friday Memorial Day weekend post I mentioned a few Pinterest that I planned on making over Memorial Day weekend. Both recipes were great (with modifications) and I wanted to share.

The first recipes was for Blueberry, Strawberry and Jicama Salsa. This recipe was adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod. This recipe makes SO much salsa, not only did I use it on salsa but I also used it on a salad with grilled chicken. I followed the recipe for ingredients, however I ended up making up my own measurements.

Also, most grocery stores sell jicama. It is usually found in the potato, garlic, onion area. If you can't seem to find it make sure to ask a store employee.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pint of blueberries
  • 1 pint of strawberries - diced
  • 1 jicama - diced
  • 1/3 cilantro - chopped
  • 1/4 red onion - finely chopped
  • 1 jalapeƱo - finiley chopped (stemmed & seeded)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • salt, to taste
  • tortilla chips for serving
Directions:
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients, and salt to taste. 
Stir until well combined. 

Serving Suggestions: 
 
  • Serve with scoop tortilla chips! The blueberries don't stay on flat chips. Make sure you use scoop chips. 
  • On a bed of mixed greens, spinach, baby kale, etc with grilled chicken or fish. 
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe! Would love to hear how you served the salsa!
Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment