Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mango, Pineapple Coconut Water Smoothie

Happy Thirsty Thursday! Is it me or the summer days just flying by? It feels like just yesterday I was writing a Thirsty Thursday post.
Today, we had to bid adieu to my smoothie maker. I bought it at Kohl's for $20 and I should have just splurged on the higher priced model (my blender is in storage!). It never worked 100% but I was determined to use it because it was such a "deal". I could never get it to work with frozen fruit or ice, and  really it's only purpose was for smoothies that used fresh fruit. Regardless, I still used the lil guy!! This morning I went to plug it in and immediately it started to smoke. Grr!!

So instead out came the hand blender and a mason jar to make this drink! Which by the way not sure why I never thought of this before! SO much easier!

Ingredients
  • 5-6 cubes of frozen mango
  • 5-6 cubes of frozen pineapple
  • 1 banana cut in chunks
  • 1 cup coconut water or coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
Just blend the first 4 ingredients and top with shredded coconut!

And voila! You can also add some flax seed if you want to make it a little healthier. I would also try to use coconut milk next time to make it creamer, but I didn't have any in the house! And it is way too early to go to the store! 

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment