Monday, June 23, 2014

Kale, Strawberry & Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing


Okay, I decided to limit myself to one salad recipe a week for the blog. There are just so many great recipes out there I can't help myself. Not to mention they are super simple and don't require hours in the kitchen. Today's recipe was inspired by Two Peas and Their Pod kale, strawberry & avocado salad with lemon poppy seed dressing recipe.

This salad is super simple and great for lunch as well! I had to stop myself from eating the entire bowl. 

Salad Ingredients:
  • 4 cups chopped kale
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1 avocado, chopped
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon honey (I used agave)
  • 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • freshly ground pepper
Directions: 
  • Put the kale in a large bowl and massage with a pinch of sea salt to soften. Massage until the leaves are darker and tender. 
  • Add the salad ingredients and toss lightly. 
  • In a small jar (I used a mason jar) add salad dressing ingredients and shake!
  • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat!
You can also add grilled chicken or shrimp to this salad as well! I just didn't have any chicken prepared!

Happy Pinning!
By Jennifer Shelton

    No comments:

    Post a Comment