And Pinterest came to the rescue!! Woo hoo! I found a great and easy recipe for strawberry-mint sparkling limeade from Cooking Lite May 2012. Not to mention this recipe can be kid friendly too! Just swap the alcohol for club soda!
- 2 pints of strawberries
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 bottle chilled sparkling wine
- Whole strawberries, lime slices, etc for garnish
- Blend strawberries, mint, lime juice, water and agave in a blender. Add crushed ice for a extra frosty beverage.
- Pour mixture into glasses about half way
- Top with sparkling wine or club soda
- Stir, garnish and SIP
This is such a good recipe. Since I had so many strawberries I was able to make extra which I keep in a mason jar in my fridge. Then when I want a drink I just add the bubbles!