Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thirsty Thursday - Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade

So I had all these ambitions to use strawberries over the 4th of July holiday, none of which ended up happening. So that meant that I had 2 pints of strawberries that I needed to use. I also had a bunch of limes that I bought as well, and we have to use all those limes since they are so pricey! Which made me search recipes on Pinterest for Strawberries and Lime.

And Pinterest came to the rescue!! Woo hoo! I found a great and easy recipe for strawberry-mint sparkling limeade from Cooking Lite May 2012. Not to mention this recipe can be kid friendly too! Just swap the alcohol for club soda!

Ingredients:

  • 2 pints of strawberries
  • 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 1 bottle chilled sparkling wine
  • Whole strawberries, lime slices, etc for garnish
Directions:
  • Blend strawberries, mint, lime juice, water and agave in a blender. Add crushed ice for a extra frosty beverage. 
  • Pour mixture into glasses about half way
  • Top with sparkling wine or club soda
  • Stir, garnish and SIP
This is such a good recipe. Since I had so many strawberries I was able to make extra which I keep in a mason jar in my fridge. Then when I want a drink I just add the bubbles!
Happy Pinning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment