Thursday, July 17, 2014

Friday Favorites - Quick Updos

I am so not skilled at doing my hair! My options are ponytail, barrette, headband, and messy bun! I need to start switching it up! Here are 5 new updos I am going to start attempting! I think they look easy enough to attempt. Let me know if you have any secrets or any recommendations!

This looks simple enough but I guess the key is finding a barrette or clip that holds the hair in place. Also do you remember back in the nineties they used to have a hair tool to accomplish the first of this undo?
This undo is extremely similar to above and instead of a ponytail you do a braid. I think that this might actually hold better with my hair. I have super thick hair and tends to be unruly when I have updos!

This is not an updo but another pinned recommended throwing the curlers in a warm dryer and then spray lightly with hairspray. Cool for 10 minutes. Has anyone tried this? Does it melt the curlers? My hair is so thick and I love curls but can never get them to stay. I am wondering if this would help.
We can't forget the sock bun. I have friends that can do this everyday. I still have not mastered this whatsoever. I even bought the sock bun kit by con-air to try and help me. After 10 minutes of fighting with my hair, my arms get tired, I am frustrated and my hair goes back in a ponytail. I need to watch a YouTube video to see if I can pick up any tips. If you know of anything let me know!
Last but not least a classic french twist! This looks pretty simple and might need some practice to accomplish. Not to mention a few bobby pins!
So as you can see I have a lot of practice ahead of me! I will make sure to follow-up to this blog post with what worked best on my hair, and what I have learned. In the meantime, would love to have your suggestions and feedback.

If you would like to see more of my favorite hairstyles check out my Pinterest page here.

Happy Pinning!

Today, I am also linking up with KarliAmandaLaurenJennie and Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment