Monday, July 7, 2014

Rice Noodle Salad with Peanuts and Cucumber

So I randomly started following Jessica Seinfeld (yes, Jerry's wife) on Instagram. She is super funny and I love her pictures. Every so often she will post pictures from her Do It Delicious website and everything looks so yummy. I quickly discovered one of my new favorite go to websites for pinning recipes. Her recipes are all super simple, healthy and most of all quick/easy for dinners.

The first recipe I tried was the rice noodle salad with peanuts and cucumber. This recipe is super simple and I added some grilled chicken to make it more substantial for my husband as dinner meal. This is a great salad if you are having people over for lunch as well, especially if you want to serve something refreshing in the summer.

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces this rice noodles
  • 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3-4 limes)
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
  • 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 small head of romaine lettuce or you can try shredded cabbage
  • 2 carrots grated
  • 1 Kirby cucumber sliced into thin moons (I used an English cucumber)
  • 1/2 cup mixed basil and mint
  • 1/2 cup salted peanuts - chopped
  • Sliced grilled chicken if you want!
Directions:
  • Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. I boiled my water in the teapot and then just poured over the noodles. Let the noodles soak until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander when done. 
  • Meanwhile, make the dressing. I just put all the ingredients into a small mason jar and combined the lime juice, sesame oil, chili-garlic paste, sugar and salt. Set aside
  • Cut the lettuce into thin strips. Place the drained noodles on a large serving platter and scatter the romaine over the top. 
  • Grate the carrots. Scatter over the romaine. Add cucumbers. 
  • Chop the herbs and peanuts and sprinkle over salad and drizzle with dressing! 
And how simple was that? This recipe takes about 10 minutes to make and is so delicious and refreshing on a hot day. My husband added a little more chili-garlic paste to his meal because he loves everything super spicy. Definitely make sure to check out the Do It Delicious website for more recipe ideas.

I bought the ingredients today for the next recipe I am going to try from Do It Delicious!

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment