Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Winterization for Nails??? You read this right!


Can I just tell you one of my favorite parts of being pregnant was how good my nails looked? For the only time in my life they were so long and strong. My nails are a disaster especially since it started to get cold. I will spare you pictures of my nails because quite frankly I am embarrassed. It has gotten to the point to where I am embarrassed to go to a nail salon to get manicures because I am afraid I will be judged. Not to mention I have a 3 month old so actually being able to go to the nail salon is basically a no-go. That is why I was so excited when the folks at Julep reached out to me about doing a post on winterizing nails. Not to mention I am a nail polish junkie!! Definitely check out their nail polish colors. They have the most fabulous colors!

I thought that these were great tips that are so simple. I will be following these tips all winter long when I am home snuggling with the lil one (obviously after my nails dry!!!).

First you need to make sure you clip and shape with a nail file. Also, for the winter shorter is better. Which definitely works to my advantage since my nails are basically nonexistent.

Second, use a cuticle remover. I love the tip about warming the cuticle remover in the microwave before using. Having a 3 month old I hear spa like experience and I am already more relaxed. Not to mention I feel that having the warmth on nails makes it easier to push back and shape with a cuticle pusher.

Now it is the fun part of cleaning them up. Make sure to buff which is always my favorite part. For some odd reason I get ridges in my nails and buffing not only makes them look shiny and new, but also makes the polish go on smoother.

What I am most excited about is the Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment which helps make your nails stronger and healthy. They sell a duo product which is a top coat and a base coat. This is a product new to me and I definitely need to purchase. My poor lil nails need some spa pampering too.

And now is the fun part and my most favorite part! Picking out the color and painting. I don't know why but I am obsessed with new nail polish colors. I can spend hours at the drug store trying to pick the perfect color red, pink and we can't forget the perfect sparkle for holiday parties. Definitely check them out here.


Shari is going to be my go to color for day to day activities. I am always looking for the most perfect color of pink. I am a huge fan of light pinks since they don't show the chips as much. 
Then I am a huge fan of sparkle nail polishes for holiday parties! I think it is fun and festive. A few years ago my company had a black and bling themed party and I must have put 10 coats of sparkly nail polish on to get the right look. That is why I was so excited to see MIA as a list of their colors. 

And lets not forgot the toes too! I am a HUGE fan of red nail polish and always on the lookout for something new. Or more like the perfect shade of red. Which I do believe I found with the January color. How awesome does this look? A total classic red which also can be good for the holidays too! 

I also like to keep the cuticle serum at my kitchen sink to moisturize in the morning and at night. It takes just a minute to rub in and really helps to keep your cuticles up to par. Julep has a Mighty Nail and Cuticle Serum that would be perfect to make sure they stay moisturized.

And do you know what my favorite thing to do is when my nails are drying? You guess it pinning! Would love to hear more about your favorite nail colors? Are you a Julep member? Do you have any tips and tricks for trying to keep your nails healthy in the winter? Let me know!


Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment