Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Make your Wardrobe Exciting Again with Stitch Fix!

Hi everyone - Erin here!  When it comes to shopping, I can be a creature of habit.  I have a few adventurous friends that always look amazing with the latest trends or with a vintage flair (I'm looking at you Emily and Christine!).

I am always so jealous of their looks and I tell myself I'm going to try something new when I shop. But more often than not, I'll find a J. Crew outlet sale online and decide to buy 1 sweater in all 8 colors...yawn!

I stumbled upon a great new subscription service that has become one of my newest guilty pleasures! Stitch Fix is an online store that does all of the personal styling for you!  This has changed my wardrobe completely.  Their stylists are forcing me to get out of my comfort zone - and I love it!

On Stitch Fix, you complete a very comprehensive online profile where you pick what you love and hate via style boards.  You also have the option to attach a Pinterest board to allow the stylist to have better insight into your style.



From a budget perspective, you can specify how much you typically spend on pieces (tops, pants, outerwear, jewelry, etc.) and you can tell them what type of clothes you need.  On my profile, I told the stylists I am interested in tops and dresses in a lower price range.

Here's how it works....based on the frequency you decide (Once a month or every other month) you will receive a box in the mail with 5 pieces included.  You can try them on at home and the only investment you've made is $20 for the styling fee.  You can return anything you don't like within 3 business days in a prepaid shipment bag.  If you love all 5 pieces, you receive a 25% discount on the total shipment.

Stitch Fix will also include a style card like the one below to show you how to mix and match the pieces with staples that you most likely have in your wardrobe.



My first two Stitch Fixes have been a complete success - I kept the entire shipment and have worn every piece so far.  I couldn't believe how many compliments I received on it!

I would highly recommend this service for anyone that needs a little help making their wardrobe exciting again.  This would also be hugely helpful for any new moms who can't shop as often as they would like.  I wouldn't recommend Stitch Fix for someone that is highly particular and treats shopping as a hobby.

Have you tried Stitch Fix?  Let us know what you think in the comments!

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment