Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Southern I Do's - Boone Hall Plantation

I just recently got married this past September at Boone Hall Plantation. Boone Hall Plantation is located in Mount Pleasant, SC and is beautiful. We wanted to have a backyard BBQ feel for our wedding and this location is perfect. Of course I pretended the whole time that this was my plantation house we were getting married at.



Shortly after we decided on the location, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds got married at the same location. I was counting down the days until the Martha Stewart Wedding magazine came out with pictures of their wedding. Not to mention local vendors and ideas that I could use for my own wedding.

The next wonderful thing I discovered was Pinterest for my wedding! I tell every new bride forget about buying all those pricey wedding magazines (except Martha Stewart Weddings!) and get on Pinterest. I can't tell you how many great ideas I got for my wedding from pinning from other websites and Pinterest. All of my vendors were so impressed that I was able to come to the meetings with pictures of exactly what I wanted. Check out some of my Pinterest boards that include wedding dress ideas, wedding hair, reception decorations, wedding ideas, bridesmaid inspiration, DIY wedding ideas, and so I didn't totally overwhelm all my vendors with all my Pinterest boards I created one board for my vendors to refer to called Southern I Do's. This board consisted of all of the stuff that I was going to attempt to recreate for my wedding. I also found it helpful to create a Powerpoint deck that showed the wedding venue, reception, etc and where I wanted everything. It helped me focus on what I really needed to have and what was a nice to have.

Over the next few blog posts I will make sure to call out some of my favorite ideas from Pinterest that I was able to recreate for my very own wedding! Until then Happy Pinning!!

By Jennifer Shelton


No comments:

Post a Comment