Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What's cooking good looking!!


Each week I am going to recap some of my favorite meals and recipe links! I am starting to get into more of a routine with cooking/grocery store shopping which has resulted in lots of new culinary delights and some frustration
This past week I have made...

First up was ... I saw this German Sausages with Quick Kraut and Curry Ketchup recipe on the October Martha Stewart issue. It was easy (I cheated by buying shredded cabbage, carrots and chopped onions!!). Super easy to make however I didn't realize the sausages were supposed to be cooked until after the cabbage/combo was ready. Whoops! Check out the recipe here...
Wednesday night I broke out the Crock Pot to try Carolina Charm's recipe for chicken enchilada soup. I should have put the crock pot away when I realized I forgot the first ingredient of chicken stock. Well I was able to make it back from the grocery store in time so that it would be ready around 7. This was super easy to prep especially since I bought the vegetable ingredients chopped. Towards the end I added the cojita cheese which I never used before. Anyway, since it was a late dinner we were starving by the time it was finished. And it was soooooo hot we couldn't really enjoy the flavors. But let me tell you that cojita cheese adhered to my bowls and serving spoons like you wouldn't believe. I had to go out and buy a new scraper sponge and I still feel like my ladle has the cheese still on it. Needless to say I am afraid to reheat the leftovers after I had such a hard time cleaning up after our first serving. My recommendation is definitely make this but leave out the cojita cheese!!

Next up we went back to Martha Stewart with a Pizza with Kielbasa, Apple and Cheddar Pretzel Tart recipe. So again this was a user error. I wanted my pizza stone to get hot for a crispy crust even though the recipe called for using a jelly pan/cookie sheet. Well... What I didn't think about was how to get the pizza from the peel to the stone. Anyway we ended up with this discrete...
Haha so it is not the prettiest but the tastes were still delicious!!
And for dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment