Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Deliciously Ella - Glazed Chili Brownies

So I have the worst sweet tooth and I have to say it is getting worse with age. So I am always on the lookout for "healthy" sweet alternatives. Deliciously Ella is one of my favorite chefs. I make 2-3 recipes from her app and website weekly. I will share more of my favorites later next week. In the meantime lets get down to business. These brownies are so simple to make. and you can always leave out the chili if you don't like the spice. I know my husband couldn't get over how the brownies were both sweet and spicy.

Also this recipe caused me to use up all my maple syrup, agave, red pepper and I need to remind myself to buy more. The recipe also called for Cocao nibs but I couldn't find them at the grocery store. Instead I used ghiradelli chips which are my favorite.
The recipe called for an insane amount of maple syrup so once I ran out I used agave syrup. And then I used up all my agave and only got 10 tablespoons. 

Here is the recipe from Deliciously Ella blog. 

- 1 cup of buckwheat flour (200g)
– 2 bananas (300g)
– 1 small beetroot (80g)
– 12 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 8 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
– 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 4 tablespoons of chia seeds with 10 tablespoons of water (soak for 10 mins)
– 2 tbsp chilli flakes
Optional:
– 1/4 cup cacao nibs (60g)
– ¼ cup goji berries or raisins (45g)
For the glaze:
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
– 1 tablespoon of almond butter
– 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes

Start by pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. You can roast your own beet or cheat like me and buy the peeled ones in the produce section at the grocery store. Once it’s cooled peel the skin off (if roasting) and place the beet in a food processor with the all the remaining ingredients (peel the banana first though) and blend until smooth. If you’re adding cacao nibs, goji berries or raisins stir them in now.
Turn the oven down to 375 degrees. 
Line a baking tray with coconut oil and then evenly spread the mixture though it. Bake for about twenty minutes.

Once the brownies have cooked and cooled make the glaze by simply melting all the ingredients together in a saucepan, then pour the glaze all over the brownies!

http://deliciouslyella.com/glazed-chilli-brownies/

No comments:

Post a Comment