Monday, October 5, 2015

Baby Registry Ideas: Nursery & Decor

So after 1 year I finally am putting together my favorite baby registry items. I have been taking notes over the past year and it is so funny looking back and reading everything, or how my opinions have changed as baby A becomes toddler A!

I registered at Buy Buy Baby and Pottery Barn, but ended up completing all my registry items on Amazon. Looking back I should have gone with Amazon over Buy Buy Baby. If you haven't started your registry yet I would check out Amazon to Create an Amazon Baby Registry.

Here are some pictures of our nursery!







Nursery & Decor
  • Crib - Pottery Barn Kendell and if you work with PBK make sure to order online. Much better customer service and I still get fired up about my inshore experiences. When we moved to the beach for a few months while our house was being renovated we purchased the Graco Lauren Convertible Crib, White. It was super easy to put together and honestly not that different from our PBK one.  
  • Fitted Crib Sheets - Order at least 3 again for all those sheet changes.  We went with a neutral Pottery Barn skirt and then fun sheets from Pottery Barn. However I saw these Burt's Bees on Amazon and think they are adorable. I also found these that I may get to update Avery's room from PBK. 
  • Changing Pad Liners - SO important and get 2 packs (6 total). Have these down on all your changing pad areas and then if they get dirty you toss in the wash rather then changing the pad cover. We have the Boppy Changing Pad liners
  • Glider - I was convinced we would never use the chair and didn't want to invest. So we got the Eddie Bauer Glider from Target. It is white with great cushioning and we LOVE it. I use it every morning and most nights feeding A. 
  • Sound/White Noise Machine - We have a sleep sheep and not sure how useful it is. I find the free white noise app so much more useful. Make sure to find an old iPod and save it for the baby. You can run pandora and the white noise app on it. I did a post a few months ago on favorite baby apps that is helpful. 
  • Hamper - We inherited one. However, I ended up using a tote bag to carry the laundry up and down the stairs daily. I only use the hamper to store clothes that Avery doesn't fit in. 
  • Mobile - We bought one that matched the decor but honestly I don't think A ever looks at it. Haha! I do like the Manhattan Toy Company mobile. She has the travel one that we are obsessed with. The travel mobile clips on the stroller and carseat. 
  • Diaper Organizer - Didn't use right away but now since we change Baby A on the floor we use it all the time. 
  • Wall Hanging/Decals - We got a decal on Etsy. I can send you the link. It was super easy to put up and shipped quickly. I also got a heart bunting from Easy as well. For the pictures on the wall I got the frames from Ikea and the pictures from Minted. And then little mirrors from Pottery Barn Kids. 
  • Storage Baskets and Bins - I love the Serena and Lilly baskets. Super cute and they are always having sales. 
  • Lamp - We got the Camila Base at Pottery Barn Kids and the other at Home Goods. And I like the Home Goods lamp better :). 
  • Closet Dividers - Ordered  the Sugarboo on Amazon. Good for organizing clothes before the baby is born. Now I feel like it is a free for all since she wears 3-6 months shirts, 6-9 month onesies, etc! I love these ones from Lucie Darling Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment