Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lil A's Nursery

So my goal for 2015 is to be a better mommy blogger. Since I have had lil A I have started multiple postings but have yet to actually post any of them. So if you see a gazillion posts about baby it is because I am just finishing all those posts.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I planned 2 nurseries, one for a boy and one for a girl. I knew I wanted a little girl's room that was soft, cozy and most of all totally girly! The day we found out we were having a girl we ordered all the furniture, lamps, curtains, rugs, etc! I was that prepared to pull the trigger. This is a picture of my Pinterest inspiration for A's room.
Project Nursery
If you are looking for nursery ideas definitely check out Project Nursery. I pinned so many ideas from this website.

Check out all of my Nursery Pinterest ideas and inspiration here.

and here is the final product... well final before the bambino arrived! Since Christmas we received so many new toys, books, dolls, etc it looks like an entirely different room.

The Kendall Pottery Barn crib (on sale now) has been a great find. However this is our second one since the first one was damaged. In the crib we have a Serena & Lily Letter Pillow (on sale now), a Bunny from Pottery BarnJellycat Ballerina Bunny, Sleep Sheep and a kitten we bought the day A was born in the hospital gift shop. Bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids and went with the Claire bedding and for extra sheets purchase the Elyse. Once we move into our new home I am going to purchase Serena & Lily sheets as well. The Wall decal and heart bunting are both from Easy. While the mobile is from Buy Buy Baby (can't find the link). 
Make Way For Ducklings was used as a guest book at my Boston shower, the elephant piggy bank is a gift who visited  Thailand, and the duck is from Ikea. I couldn't resist buying it! 
The Pottery Barn Cameron bookcase holds a lot of fun gifts. The jewelry box was mine as a little child, the kangaroo I bought when I studies abroad in Australia, the fish toys A's Dad bought her when we found out we were pregnant. The lamp on the bookcase and most of the pictures frames I found at Homegoods or TJ Maxx. And currently all of the pictures hold our wedding/engagement photos but it is my goal to switch them out once A has more photoshoots! Have to brag about the Hot pink Jonathan Adler frame that I bought for $14 at the Off Saks outlet. We also received a beautiful silver cat piggy bank, and a Pottery Barn bunny bank that was personalized. I also couldn't resist the Eiffel Tower piggy bank from Pier1. Some of the books were mine from my childhood as well as my grandparents! 
The rocking horse we found at a tag sale, the doll on the rocking chair was mine as a child. The Eddie Bauer rocking chair was bought at Target and I can't say enough about this chair. I didn't want to put a lot of money into a rocking chair, however this is the most comfortable chair and I use it daily. Not to mention it was the exact color I wanted. 
Aden +Anais Swaddles and Pottery Barn Blankets in Serena & Lily Basket which I love! The basket was part of a gift and I can't wait for them to go on sale so I can order more!
The Larkin Hi-Lo dresser/changing table is from Pottery Barn Kids. We can remove the top pieces once A gets bigger and we won't need them anymore. I got the changing pad cover at Babie's R Us and is made by Carters. If you are pregnant and registering for presents make sure to also register for the waterproof changing pads. I put them on top of the changing pad cover and if they get dirty I just toss in the laundry. The canisters on the dresser are from Anthropologie. You Are My Happy artwork and Addison Curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids. The other artwork is from Minted and Etsy which I framed in Ikea frames. 

Lamp, Lamp Shade and Diaper Caddy (similar can be found here) are all from Pottery Barn Kids. The  Kate Spade notebook on the Ikea Hemnes night stand sits along with picture frames and a coaster (obviously). In my head when I was planning the nursery I envisioned myself sipping tea, rocking the baby, and also journaling her new developments. To this day (5 months later) I have only accomplished rocking the baby! Maybe one day! 

I just loved how everything came together. It was exactly what I was envisioning and loved all the little touches we were able to incorporate. We can't wait to fill those bookcases full of books to read, as well as dolls to play with! Next up is working on a playroom for our new home. Check out my Playroom Pinterest board to see my inspirations.

Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment