Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Registering for Baby - Nursery and Decor

We are having a baby boom with my friends!! Since having my baby in August I know I have been slacking on my posts. However, in 2015 I am going to start working on posting more. Not to mention I need to stop buying clothes for the bambino!! My friends have asked advice on what to register for and that got me thinking of doing a few blog posts on what I registered/use on a daily basis. I am going to break it up by section just so that it isn't too overwhelming.

Check out my pictures of my nursery for more details regarding what to register for! I registered at BuyBuy Baby and Pottery Barn Kids. However, if I were to do it again I would definitely also suggest Amazon. Everyone loves FREE shipping plus the products are so much cheaper then BuyBuy Baby!Shop Amazon - Create an Amazon Baby Registry

Here are some of my recommendations based on the nursery, and remember these are my opinions! 

Nursery & Decor Registry Ideas
  • Bassinet - We borrowed a Safety First bassinet from a friend. We loved the light and vibrating feature of the bassinet. I can't seem to find the exact model we used however Target has a Simmons bassinet that we considered as well. We had heard good things about the Serena and Lilly Moses basket as well but with the cat decided not. We used the bassinet for the first 3 months. 
  • Crib - Pottery Barn Kendall Crib and order online. We had a lot of issues with the Charlotte store, however after e-mailing Pottery Barn about my issues the General Manager reached out. We felt that this was extremely well priced and then when our daughter gets bigger we will get her a big kid bed, and possibly pass the crib on to bambino #2!!

  • Crib Mattress - To keep it simple and since we were purchasing a few things at the same time we also got out mattress at Pottery Barn. According to the store manager their isn't a difference so we went with the cheaper Lullaby mattress. You can use it for the baby, and then flip it for the toddler bed. 
  • Waterproof Mattress Pads - You will definitely need these for the night time accidents. We ordered 2 on Amazon so we would be able to put fresh sheets on the bed, and not have to worry about the dirty ones until the morning.  Carter's Keep Me Dry Waterproof
  • Fitted Crib Sheets - Order at least 3 that way you have extras in case of late night emergencies!
  • Changing Table/Dresser - We ordered the Larkin from Pottery Barn Kids. The changing table and top drawer can be removed when we don't need it anymore. I hated to spend money on just a changing table. I love how this one converts!

  • Changing Pad - They have a large range of changing pads, however we just went with the cheapest which happened to be the Summer Infant and came with a strap to secure them. We have been extremely happy with ours and not sure why they range from $20-$50.  
  • Changing Pad Covers - Order 2 which makes it easier to swap in case of accidents (do you see the theme?). We have the Carters Changing Pad Cover which I love because they are so soft and for us the perfect shade of pink.  I also like the aden + anais changing pad covers but they didn't match my room!



  • Changing Pad Liners - SO important and get 2 packs (6 total). Have these down on all your changing pad areas and then if they get dirty you toss in the wash rather then changing the pad cover. We have the Boppy Changing Pad liners. I stashed these everywhere and one of my favorite finds. 

  • Glider - I was convinced we would never use the chair and didn't want to invest. So we got the Eddie Bauer Glider from Target. It is white with great cushioning and we LOVE it. I use it every morning and most nights feeding the baby.


  • Sound/White Noise Machine - We have a sleep sheep and not sure how useful it is. I find the free white noise app in the Apple Store which was so much more useful. Anytime the baby got overwhelmed or over stimulated we would play it and she instantly quieted down. We used to joke that it was our magic machine because of how well it worked. Also, make sure to find an old iPod and save it for the baby. You can run pandora and the white noise app on it. 

  • Hamper - Due to how often you do laundry with a newborn I highly recommend getting a tote bag. That way you can take it with you every morning. I used to fill mine up with dirty laundry, bottles, etc that we accumulated during the night. And then as we went to bed I would bring it upstairs with all the times we would need that night. 




  • Crib Skirt and Curtains - I ordered from Pottery Barn Kids. I went with a neutral crib skirt so I could switch out different sheets. I didn't order a bumper or quilts. I got a few really nice blankets that I had hanging on the side of the crib before the baby was born. However now that the bambino is here we don't keep anything in the crib. 
  • Mobile - The one we bought came with a holder! If you are going to order a mobile make sure it either comes with the hanger or you register for the hanger too!  I do like the Manhattan Toy Company mobile. She has the travel mobile that we are obsessed with. The travel mobile clips on the stroller and carseat.
 

  • Diaper Organizer - Bought one and use it to hold burp clothes and bibs in Baby's A's rom. 
  • Wall Hangings/Decals - Etsy has great decals that can be personalized. The one we purchased was super easy to put up and shipped quickly. Check out Etsy, Minted for other cute ideas. Ikea is always good for frames as well. 
  • Storage Baskets and Bins - I love the Serena and Lilly baskets. Super cute and they are always having sales. Pottery Barn, Home Goods, TJ Maxx etc also have great storage ideas as well. Not to mention Ikea storage solutions. I also purchased the OXO drawer dividers to help keep the dresser organized. 

  • Lamp - We got one at Pottery Barn Kids and the other at Home Goods. And I like the Home Goods lamp better :). 
  • Bookcase - Pottery Barn Kids has a great selection, also love IKEA. I have seen really cool ideas on Pinterest about using kitchen shelving for bookcases in the babies room. 
  • Rugs - Can be from anywhere. We knew we wanted something soft and the rug at Pottery Barn Kids was the exact colors we wanted.  
  • Bassinet Sheets - I just got pink ones from Babies R Us, I think we had 3-4 sets of bassinet sheets. Our baby spit up during the night so I changed the bassinet sheets every night. 
  • Baby Sized Hangers - I ordered from Amazon (3 sets) and then got the OXO hanger clips to keep clothes together (hats, matching bibs, etc). 
  • Closet Dividers - Ordered on Amazon. Good for organizing clothes before the baby is born. Now I feel like it is a free for all since she wears 3-6 months shirts, 6-9 month onesies, etc! 
Phew did I totally overwhelm you? Well although this looks like a lot of stuff you won't believe how much you will use!

Next week I will focus on Baby Gear and Travel!!

Happy Pinning! 
Thoughts for Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment